Nasal & Sinus Disease
Nasal and sinus disorders are very common – yet many don’t realize there are treatments available for some common issues such as sleep apnea and snoring, sinus infections, and other breathing problems.
At ENT & Allergy Center of Austin, we see patients with all manner of nasal and sinus disease. Two of the most common conditions we see and treat include:
- Allergies can cause symptoms that range from mild to debilitating to deadly, including sneezing, swelling, hives, and cold-like symptoms. Allergies can also worsen the symptoms of sinusitis, or lead to repeat bouts of sinus infections. Allergy shots can help alleviate symptoms and prevent the recurrence of allergic reactions.
- Sinusitis, or an infection of the sinus cavities around the nose, is an extremely common problem. It can cause headaches, facial pain, nasal congestion, and a runny nose.
- Sleep apnea and snoring are not only annoying to your bed partner it can indicate a serious condition with even more serious health complications.
Because our aim is to get to the root of what ails you, after a comprehensive exam and diagnosis, we set about identifying the best possible treatment for you. Some of the most popular surgical treatments our ear, nose, and throat physicians offer include:
- Balloon sinuplasty is a quick procedure performed in-office to treat chronic sinusitis. Our patients love the convenience and effectiveness of this minimally invasive procedure to open blocked passageways.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery is used to treat chronic sinusitis and other conditions that cause blocked sinus passageways.
- Nasal polypectomy may be performed to remove nasal polyps if they are blocking your nasal passageways and making it difficult to breathe.
- Septoplasty is a procedure to correct a deviated nasal septum, which is the wall between your nostrils in your nose. It offers relief for patients with sleep apnea, sinusitis, and other conditions.
Not only are nasal and sinus diseases common – they are treatable. Get the help you need by calling the experts at ENT & Allergy Center of Austin at (512) 328-7722. You can also use our online form to request an appointment at one of our convenient locations in central Texas: Westlake, Cedar Park, or Round Rock.