Audiology: Hearing Tests and Hearing Aids
ENT & Allergy Center of Austin offers a host of audiology services to our patients, including:
- Comprehensive Hearing Tests: These tests, including pure tone air, bone conduction, and behavioral testing, are conducted to determine the degree and type of hearing loss.
- Otoacoustic Emission Testing: This test is performed to detect cochlear damage.
- Admittance Testing: This test evaluates middle-ear function.
- Hearing Aid Evaluation and Selection: Our audiologist will take an in-depth look at your hearing loss, lifestyle, and amplification options to decide what would work best for you.
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Follow-Up Programming: Our audiologist will fit and program your hearing aids to adjust for the best sound quality possible through amplification.
- Custom-Fit Ear Pieces: We offer custom ear pieces such as ear molds for amplification, ear plugs, swim plugs, and musician’s plugs.
Find out more about the types, causes, effects, and prevalence of hearing loss.
It is estimated that up to 95 percent of people with hearing loss can be helped with hearing aids that offer a quality and convenience that may be surprising.
Today’s small, digital hearing aids are able to amplify the sounds you want to hear while reducing the sounds you don’t. For example, they can switch between programs automatically when you walk from a quiet car into a noisy restaurant.
Following a thorough hearing consultation, our audiologist will assist you in selecting the appropriate hearing solution that will work best for you, based on the degree of hearing loss and the types of listening situations that are a part of your daily life.
The otologists (ear doctors) and audiologist at ENT & Allergy Center of Austin can help with all your audiology needs, including hearing tests, hearing aid evaluations, fittings, and programming. For an appointment, call (512) 328-7722 or request one online to see us at one of our convenient central Texas locations in Westlake, Cedar Park, or Round Rock.