This minimally invasive sinus surgery involves the use of a small, flexible catheter to open blocked sinus passageways. The surgeon guides the catheter through the nasal cavity and nostrils to the area of blockage. Once in place, a small balloon is inflated to gently widen the sinus cavity walls without causing damage to the area.
Your physician will then deflate and remove the balloon and flush the sinus cavity, all without having to cut into any tissue or bone in the area.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty
Balloon sinuplasty is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery and involves much faster post-operative healing with minimal downtime. You can typically resume your regular daily activities within 24 hours of the procedure. Additional benefits include:
- Safe and Effective. All surgeries involve some risk, but clinical research has shown balloon sinuplasty to be safe and effective in relieving sinusitis symptoms in adults and children.
- Minimally Invasive. By using small, flexible devices that enter the sinuses via a patient's nostrils, balloon sinuplasty involves no cutting of body tissue or bone removal.
- Reduced Bleeding. There is less bleeding involved in a balloon sinuplasty due to its being a minimally invasive technique involving no cutting through tissue or bone.
- Speedier Recovery. In most cases, patients who have a balloon sinuplasty can return to their normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does Not Limit Treatment Options. Use of this minimally invasive endoscopic treatment can be used in conjunction with other therapies and does not limit future treatment options.
Balloon sinuplasty is a popular treatment for sinusitis in adults as well as children.
Balloon Sinuplasty Videos
Watch the videos below to learn more about this innovative, minimally invasive procedure.
In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Upload video on FS Server